PROGRAM UNDERWAY AS OF APRIL 2017
The ABC of Wisconsin Emerging Leader program has been designed to provide training to help prepare future construction business leaders for the next step in their career. This exceptional program offers training sessions on relevant topics selected by a taskforce consisting of the next generation of construction business owners in Wisconsin.
The program consists of eleven modules taught by top industry leaders, covering construction specific topics every emerging leader needs to know. The program will run over the course of a year. In addition, as part of the program, participants are invited to attend the 2017 ABC Human Resources Conference AND the 2018 SuperCon, selecting topics of their own choosing within these events. There will be three networking opportunities for participants to meet with peers and other ABC members during the program.
Topic Areas Include:
- Transitioning from employee to leader: The big picture
- Interpersonal skills: Know yourself to lead others
- Labor law & compensation
- Company culture & employee engagement
- Aligning ethics, integrity & human relations
- Construction law, contracts, issues & resolutions
- Connecting the dots: Branding, marketing & sales
- Bonding, risk management & safety
- Financial management & succession planning
- Strategic planning & professional presence
- Pulling it all together