The Construction Foreman
The Construction Foreman is a one-day program offered throughout the year. In-house training is also available.
Dec. 6, 2019 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Jan. 3, 2020 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Mar. 6, 2020 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Mar. 20, 2020 – Stevens Point
Apr. 17, 2020 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Class Times: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Three weeks prior to each class
Fees: $169 per registrant
Construction U courses are for ABC members only! Learn more about membership in ABC of Wisconsin.
Great craftspeople can become great crew leaders, foremen, and supervisors, with proper support, guidance, and educational opportunities. The Construction Foreman is a one-day program that provides participants with the knowledge they need to build their supervisory skills.
Who Should Enroll
This program is for those with little or no formal supervisory training who supervise others in some capacity. This includes new crew leaders, foreman, and supervisors with anywhere from a few months to a few years’ experience. Company owners and experienced supervisory are welcome attend with their new supervisors.
• Your supervisory skills
• What type of leader are you
Assess Your Leadership Style
• Discover your leadership style
• Four guidelines to earn your crew’s respect
• Rational decision making
The Hats a Foreman Wears
• Acting like a foreman
• Assessing your crew
• Dealing with resistance to change
• Listening skills inventory
Are You a Delegator?
• Using delegation to develop your crew
• What to delegate
• What not to delegate
• Ten delegation rules
Creating a Positive Workplace
• Performance problems
• Communicating with difficult workers
• Say no with tact and professionalism
Creating an Engaged Team
• A formula for employee retention
• Coaching employee performance
• A continuous leadership cycle