The Construction Leader
Construction Leadership is a one-day program offered throughout the year. In-house training is also available.
Dec. 13, 2019 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Jan. 8, 2020 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Mar. 11, 2020 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Apr. 24, 2020 – ABC Training Center, Madison
Class Times: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Three weeks prior to each class
Fees: $169 per registrant
Construction U courses are for ABC members only! Learn more about membership in ABC of Wisconsin.
Those who assume the role of construction leader find it is more than a job. It is a journey of self-exploration that requires preparation and planning. Becoming a great leader will result in better performance for the entire team. In this day-long program, participants will learn the leadership skills required to become top performers.
Who Should Enroll
This is a leadership program for supervisors with some experience and training. This includes crew leaders, foremen, supervisors, assistant project managers, project managers, and company managers. Company owners are encouraged to attend with supervisors.
A Word About Leadership
• The leader’s challenge
• What is leadership?
• Leader or manager?
What's In Your Leadership Toolbox?
• The construction leader/coach
• The common thread—Pulling it all together
Duties & Responsibilities of a Field Leader
• Self-assessment—Responsibilities of a field leader
• The field leader’s role
• Six things great leaders do to produce superior results
Building an Effective Team – The First Steps
• Your team’s foundation
• Graph your team’s performance
• Five guidelines for building an effective team
Motivation – A Surprising Survey
• Two key secrets to motivating others
• Nine surefire ways to motivate your team and increase job productivity
Managing Employee Accountability
• Dealing with poor performance issues
• The expectations template
• The smart leader’s goal
Coaching & Building Great Leaders Around You
• Leading your team to peak performance