Get the latest updates in your email box automatically.
Registration is now open for ABC of Wisconsin’s annual SuperCon, which returns Feb. 13-14 to Wisconsin Dells with more educational and networking opportunities than ever before.
SuperCon 2019 features four main topic areas, 15 educational tracks and nearly 70 sessions over two days, along with more than three dozen exhibitors at its Exhibit Show. SuperCon will be held again at the Glacier Canyon Lodge Conference Center at the Wilderness Resort, 45 Hillman Road.
The educational topic areas cover: Marketing & Business Growth (Day 1); Supervisory, Leadership & Safety (Day 1); Construction Worker Safety (Day 2); and Construction Management (Day 2).
Registration fees vary based on educational program, and discounted two-day packages are available. Fees include breakfast and lunch each day.
Featured speakers include:
• Ken Collins, leadership coach with nearly 40 years of experience in the construction industry and founder of Ken Collins Coaching.
• Jeff Coon, a partner at Stream Creative, a digital marketing firm located in Milwaukee.
• Randy Goruk, leadership coach and founder of Leaders Edge 360, which delivers customized programs for contractors.
• Eagan Heath, founder of Get Found Madison, an online marketing firm.
• Brad Humphrey, an “ABC All-Star” speaker and co-founder of Pinnacle Development Group, which offers professional consulting and coaching services for contractors of all sizes.
• Josh Klemons, digital storyteller/strategist and founder of Reverbal Communications.
• Laura Monagle, vice president of Client Services & Public Relations at AFFIRM with more than 25 years of experience in strategic marketing and crisis communications.
• Matt Pletzer, an “ABC All-Start” sales strategy speaker and founder of Lift Consulting.
• Amy Schiavo, digital account coordinator for AFFIRM, a full-service advertising agency.
• Robb Zbierski, professional speaker, trainer and personal coach with Freedom Personal Development.
Day 1 concludes with an evening social and Casino Night, sponsored by Dave Jones, Inc. Join fellow ABC members to play roulette, blackjack and craps for a chance to win prizes. There is no cost to play; players start with the same number of chips, and the top winners at the end of the night will take home prizes. Spouses are welcome to participate. Sign up for Casino Night while registering for SuperCon.
Help defend the merit shop philosophy and free enterprise system during the ABC of Wisconsin PAC Silent and Live Auctions, which will be held in conjunction with Casino Night. Contact John Schulze at 608-244-5883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate an item for one of the auctions.
Day 2 of the annual conference will kick off with a morning keynote address by Bill Derrick of ABC-member Derrick Companies. After weathering a significant economic downturn with crushing effects on the construction and real estate industry and simultaneously dealing with other personal “storms,” Derrick will share his uplifting story and what he has learned by overcoming seemingly impossible situations with hope, positivity and faith.
At the end of Day 2, ABC will salute the quality and professionalism of merit contractors in Wisconsin during the annual Projects of Distinction Banquet. Projects were evaluated by a panel of construction experts who applied their knowledge and experience in the areas of safety, quality, owner satisfaction, execution and coordination, budgeting, difficult and unusual challenges and overall distinctiveness.
This year’s banquet on Feb. 14 will recognize 52 distinct projects. A social will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the awards program at 7:30 p.m. Separate registration is required, and a coat and tie are requested for business formal attire.
ABC of Wisconsin has a block of rooms available at the Wilderness Resort. Reserve your room by Jan. 21 by calling 1-800-867-WILD. Use code “736434” when booking to received reduced rates of $99.99 for a double queen and $129.99 for a two-bedroom deluxe from Feb. 12-14; and $134.99 for a double queen and $169.99 for a two-bedroom deluxe on Feb. 15. There is also an additional $17.95 resort fee when booking rooms.