Civil Estimating – Earthwork
A course for members assisting earthwork contractors
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS
Minimize estimating earthwork risk by increasing estimating knowledge and skills. This course will teach the estimator correct guidelines for verifying quantities, adjusting soil swell and shrink, selecting efficient equipment and determining productivity using numerous real-life examples. Practical application using hands-on exercises from real world examples will guide participants through critical problem solving and discussion.
Students will use concise and proper methods to prepare thorough, organized cost estimates gaining knowledge and skills from world class instruction by an experienced estimator. They will calculate real-world direct costs and markup costs for the contractor the proper way. The estimator will learn and receive all the tools necessary for accurate costs to use in their estimates using industry proven methods.
Civil Estimating–Earthwork Registration
Estimating Civil Construction is a one-day program. In-house training is also available.
January 7, 2020
ABC Training Center, Madison
December 17, 2019
7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
$239 per registrant
Who Should Enroll?
This program is for those who estimate projects for earthwork contractors. It is designed for beginning to intermediate civil construction estimators, as well as any construction professional who needs to refresh their estimating skills.
- Accurately quantify earthwork, pipework, and paving
- Properly adjust quantities for swell, shrink, subsidence, and waste
- Select appropriate equipment for a cost-effective estimate
- Determine accurate productivity rates for projects
- Analyze and apply appropriate overhead markup
- Calculate the production cost estimate of a project by using the crew analysis method
- Compute labor cost and labor burden applications
- Find efficient takeoff shortcuts on site and road plans
- Techniques for making bidding more profitable
- Understand WBS Structure with applications to your estimate