WASHINGTON, D.C. — Steve Klessig, vice-president of architecture and engineering of Keller, Inc., in Kaukauna, was elected by the Associated Builders and Contractors to serve as the 2021 ABC national chair during a meeting at the association’s annual Leadership Institute in Scottsdale, Arizona. This is only the second time in the 48-year history of the state chapter that a Wisconsin member was elected to the national post.
“We could not be happier for Steve,” said John Mielke, ABC of Wisconsin chapter president. “This is a proud moment for our chapter. Anyone who knows Steve is aware of his commitment to ABC and his passion for merit construction and what he brings to the leadership table.”
In 2014, Klessig served as chair of the ABC of Wisconsin Chapter. Klessig is currently serving as chair-elect and served as ABC national secretary in 2019. Prior to that, Klessig was the Midwest Region vice-president.
Klessig follows 2020 National ABC Chair Tim Keating from R.C. Stevens Construction Company, Florida, and is expected to be succeeded by Stephanie Schmidt of Poole Anderson Construction, Pennsylvania, who was elected chair-elect. Milton Graugnard, executive vice president, Cajun Industries LLC, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was elected secretary.
“It is an honor to continue to collaborate with Steve, Stephanie, Milton and our 2021 Executive Committee to champion the merit shop philosophy and fair and open competition, as well as create the conditions for those who work in the construction industry to achieve,” said Michael Bellaman, ABC president and chief executive officer.
The members of ABC’s 2021 Executive Committee, who will take office Jan. 1, 2021, are:
- Steve Klessig, vice president of architecture and engineering, Keller Inc., Kaukauna, Wisconsin, chair of the Board of Directors
- Stephanie Schmidt, president, Poole Anderson Construction, State College, Pennsylvania, chair-elect
- Milton Graugnard, executive vice president, Cajun Industries LLC, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, secretary and South Central region vice chair
- Larry May, CPA, CVA, partner, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, Jackson, Mississippi, treasurer
- Tim Keating, owner and president, R. C. Stevens Construction Co., Winter Garden, Florida, immediate past chair
- Buddy Henley, president, Henley Construction Co. Inc., Gaithersburg, Maryland, Mid-Atlantic region vice chair
- Brendan McAndrews, chief operations officer and co-owner, Rivercity Glass, dba McAndrews Glass, Cincinnati, Mid-America region vice chair
- Thomas “Murph” Murphy, vice president of Aggregates Division, Power & Construction Group, Scottsville, New York, Northeast region vice chair
- J. David Pugh, partner, Bradley, Birmingham, Alabama, Southeast region vice chair
- Sandra Roche, vice president and general counsel, Roche Constructors Inc., Las Vegas, Mountain West region vice chair
- Greg Schniegenberg, vice president of operations, Helix Electric Inc., Oakland, California, Pacific region vice chair
- Calvin Williams, president and chief executive officer, Construction Contracting Services Inc., Lansing, Illinois, Midwest region vice chair
- Michele Roberts-Bauer, president, ABC Heart of America Chapter, chapter presidents’ liaison
- Michael Bellaman, president and chief executive officer, ABC National
Murphy, Schniegenberg and Roberts-Bauer are new members of the ABC Executive Committee.