Communication Skills - For You and Your Crew
fri03nov7:30 amfri3:00 pmCommunication Skills - For You and Your Crew
Mastering communication and interpersonal skills are an essential in the success of projects. Construction projects follow a chain of communication from one person to the next, and from one party
Mastering communication and interpersonal skills are an essential in the success of projects. Construction projects follow a chain of communication from one person to the next, and from one party to another. With strong communication skills and workplace relationships, you can avoid delays, rework, and costly misunderstandings. Communication Skills was designed to enhance communication and improve teamwork which ultimately impacts your project success.
What You Will Learn:
- Understanding your role as a trainer, role-model, and mentor
- Recognizing communication & behavior styles in yourself and others
- Explore active listening techniques and recognize the barriers
- Discuss the importance of feedback and identify successful techniques for giving and receiving it
- Understand the impact of professionalism on the job site with peers, supervisors, and clients
Who Should Attend:
- Field workers
- Rising leaders & key personnel in team culture
- Administrative professionals
- Entry Level Workers & Apprentices
- People interested in enhancing their communication skills
This course counts for 7 hours of Unpaid Related Instruction (URI)!
Course Session Time: 7:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Instructor(s): Brandi Davis, ABC Wisconsin | Jenna Milis, Milis Flatwork | Diana Schmidt, Hausmann Group
Refreshments and lunch will be provided at each location.
Registration Fee: $200 Members & Apprentices
Registration deadline is 5 days prior to each course offering.
(Friday) 7:30 am - 3:00 pm CST
ABC of Wisconsin
5330 Wall St., Madison, WI 53718