Minimize estimating earthwork risk by increasing estimating knowledge and skills. This course will teach the estimator correct guidelines for verifying quantities, adjusting soil swell and shrink, selecting efficient equipment and
Minimize estimating earthwork risk by increasing estimating knowledge and skills. This course will teach the estimator correct guidelines for verifying quantities, adjusting soil swell and shrink, selecting efficient equipment and determining productivity using numerous real-life examples. Practical application using hands-on exercises from real world examples will guide participants through critical problem solving and discussion.
Who should attend: This program is for those who estimate projects for earthwork contractors. It has been designed for beginning to intermediate civil construction estimators, as well as any construction professional who needs to refresh their estimating skills.
- Accurately quantify earthwork, pipework, and paving
- Properly adjust quantities for swell, shrink, subsidence, and waste
- Select appropriate equipment for a cost-effective estimate
- Determine accurate productivity rates for projects
- Calculate the production cost estimate of a project by using the crew analysis method
- Analyze and apply appropriate overhead markup
- Compute labor cost and labor burden applications
- Find efficient takeoff shortcuts on site and road plans
- Techniques for making bidding more profitable
- Understand WBS Structure with applications to your estimate
Cost: $239.00 for apprentices and members.
Schedule: January 7, 2020 from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
(Tuesday) 7:30 am - 3:30 pm CST
ABC of Wisconsin
5330 Wall St., Madison, WI 53718