Marketing & Business Growth – Track 1
wed12febAll DayMarketing & Business Growth – Track 1
- 7:00am Registration & Breakfast7:00am- 8:00amRegistration & Breakfast
- 8:00am How to Expo (So You Actually Get Business) Part 18:00am- 9:00amDo you struggle with coming out of a business expo with a stack of leads, only to find that weeks later, you still haven’t found time to call everyone? Or worse – that you’ve spent valuable time giving a quote to someone who’s just shopping on price? Here’s how to come away from the Expo with real leads who are ready to buy from you, and at the price you deserve. Part one will share pre-show marketing strategies to drive traffic to your booth and design key messages for your target market. We will begin the discussion on strategies for during the show.Speakers: ActionCoach of Madison
- 9:00am Break9:00am- 9:15amBreak
- 9:15am How to Expo (So You Actually Get Business) Part 29:15am- 10:15amThis session is the second part of the previous session and will continue to share strategies for during the show and then dive into post-show strategies, including rules for successful show follow-up, prioritizing who to follow-up with and developing a campaign for those who don’t engage with you.Speakers: ActionCoach of Madison
- 10:15am Break with Exhibitors10:15am- 10:45amTake a break and visit some of the nearly 50 vendors in the trade show!
- 10:45am Crisis Communications: The Small Stuff10:45am- 11:45amWhile there is no such thing as a small crisis, we’ll walk through how to manage a small situation and successfully keep it small. What do you need to do to manage a crisis and keep control of the message? What steps can you take to prepare? How do you respond? Together, we will go through a scenario that will give you the basics if a small crisis occurs, and what you can do in the digital world to monitor and manage your reputation not only during, but after the crisis has passed.Speakers: Laura Monagle
- 11:45am Lunch & Chairman's Comments11:45am- 12:30pmJoin us for lunch and hear remarks from ABC of Wisconsin's board chairman.
- 12:30pm New Media Ideas for Recruiting Employees12:30pm- 1:30pmAttracting talent in a tight labor market is no easy task, especially for industries like construction. But construction is not the only industry experiencing this challenge. This panel-discussion will explore what other industries, like manufacturing and construction, are doing for recruitment marketing, including any new creative media or tactics for expanding the talent pool.
- 1:30pm Break with Exhibitors1:30pm- 2:00pmTake a break and visit some of the nearly 50 vendors in the trade show!
- 2:00pm Put Your Website to Work For You2:00pm- 3:00pmYour website should be an active member of your sales team. In this session, we’ll cover the 10 most important actions that will turn your website from an online brochure to a lead generation machine! You’ll walk away with understanding how websites have changed over the last 3-5 years and what you need to do differently to continue to see success in 2020 and beyond.Speakers: Catherine Wilson
- 3:00pm Break3:00pm- 3:15pmBreak
- 3:15pm Why You Need a Lead Generation Funnel and Not Just a Website3:15pm- 4:15pmOnline marketing agency owner Eagan Heath will show you why the majority of your website visitors leave without contacting you and what to do about it. Most websites offer a confusing array of options with no clear call to action and no reason to take any. People don’t want to be sold to, but they love to receive things for free or at a great value, and that can be your company’s secret weapon! Come learn what marketing funnels are, why they draw in so many more leads and sales than traditional marketing, and what successful examples that have transformed businesses just like yours look like in action.Speakers: Eagan Heath
- 3:15pm BONUS SESSION: Media Training 101 with Rebecca Kleefisch3:15pm- 4:15pmBy the time you need to learn to deal with the media, it is often too late. Get this crash course in crisis communication, how to earn positive media, and the nightmare words that will surely get you on TV. Presented by award-winning journalist, former PR guru and ABC Jobs Ambassador Rebecca Kleefisch.Speakers: Rebecca Kleefisch
- 4:30pm ABC of Wisconsin Annual Meeting4:30pm- 5:00pmABC of Wisconsin Annual Meeting
- 5:00pm Beam Club Awards5:00pm- 5:15pmBeam Club Awards
- 5:15pm Social, Casino Night & PAC Auctions5:15pm- 9:30pmCASINO NIGHT: Join fellow ABC members for roulette, blackjack and craps. No cost to play! Everyone starts with the same number of chips and the top winners at the end of the night go home with prizes. Be sure to sign up when you register for SuperCon. Spouses are also welcome.
PAC AUCTIONS: Help defend the merit shop philosophy and the free enterprise system. Bid on items at the ABC of Wisconsin PAC silent and live auctions during Casino Night. Items will also be available for online bidding at charityauction.bid/PACAuction.
Want to donate an item for the auction? Contact John Schulze at 608-244-5883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speakers for this event
ActionCoach of Madison
ActionCoach of Madison
Founder, Home Pro Digital
Home Pro Digital is a full-service website and marketing agency that specializes in creating websites and marketing strategies specifically for contractors and service professionals. With over a decade in digital marketing, Catherine Wilson started Home Pro Digital after experiencing the unique needs contractors face working with her husband who is a plumber. Coming from a long line of independent contractors and a passion for the trades, she built a team of developers, designers, copywriters, and marketing pros that have decades of experience working with the construction and remodeling industry.
Founder, Home Pro Digital
Founder, Get Found Madison
Eagan Heath is Founder of Get Found Madison, an online marketing firm that assists local businesses grow businesses using the latest online marketing techniques. He believes strongly in entreprenuership and the good it does for the world. He brings many years of experience in project management and implementation consulting from Epic to the many steps in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaign.
Founder, Get Found Madison
Laura Monagle has more than 25 years of successful strategic marketing, public relations, crisis communications, and employee communications experience; the last 13 with AFFIRM. Her client work includes both private and public sector organizations such as Godfrey & Kahn S.C., ManpowerGroup, Charter Manufacturing, ESI Group USA, the Wisconsin Department of Justice, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the Business Health Care Group. She is one of only 5,000 members of the Public Relations Society of America nationally to be Accredited in Public Relations (APR).
Rebecca Kleefisch is ABC of Wisconsin’s “Jobs Ambassador” and the former executive director of the Women’s Suffrage Centennial Commission, where she led the country’s efforts to commemorate and educate America about the 100th anniversary of women earning the right to vote. She served as lieutenant governor of Wisconsin from 2011-2019, where she championed workforce and economic development. She is well known for her efforts fighting poverty and focusing on prison re-entry reform, among many other efforts.
All Day (Wednesday)