Are you promoting an employee into a leadership or ownership role? Is this employee prepared for the challenges these new roles bring?
Emerging Leaders is a new program offered by Associated Builders & Contractors of Wisconsin, Inc. with a curriculum that is crafted specifically to identify the top areas of concern that a future construction business leader will need. Their new career will be designed over an 18 month period to attend monthly training sessions from topics picked by the next generation of construction business owners in Wisconsin. The cost of the entire program is $2,850. Click here for an application!
Accepted leaders will receive training in a wide breadth of leadership areas, from business law and risk management to marketing and communications best practices. They’ll learn from industry professionals why creating and maintaining a solid company vision is key to success, how to navigate political and ethical issues in business, the ins and outs of human resources operations, smart ways to manage company finances, and how to avoid common, costly legal or financial pitfalls.
Curriculum will include the importance of, and how to avoid, the common and costly mistakes of:
- Budgets – Set up your company to succeed with a Budget. Spend wisely, forecast your income, and project your expense.
- Reading Financial Reports
- Banking Relationships
- Referral Networks/Social Media
- Sales Training
- Advertising & Public Relations – Learn how to create and market a plan to promote your business in the community you serve.
- Performance Reviews
- Hiring & Firing – Recruiting, retaining, and supporting employees can be among your most difficult and time-consuming duties. Learn techniques for managing your employee from recruitment to separation and key benefits to retention.
- Managing Conflict
- Employee Relations and Merit Shop
- Insurance – Workers Compensation Liability and Umbrella Policies
- Succession Planning and Governance
- Building a Business Plan- Introduction
- Strategic Planning – Develop a strategic plan to give direction to your operations.
- Communicating your Vision
- Ethics – Ethical leadership set the tone for your company. Learn how to avoid raising red flags and avoid the pitfalls.
- Transitioning From an Employee to a Boss
- Leadership – Leadership is essential to becoming a successful business professional. Acquire the skills you need to become a leader that people want to be led by.