Construction Estimating Principles & Application
Construction Estimating Principles and Application (8 hours) Great Estimators know that to be competitive and competent in the current market, their companies must continually be
Construction Estimating Principles and Application (8 hours)
Great Estimators know that to be competitive and competent in the current market, their companies must continually be in search of an edge. “How can we approach this project differently than our competition?” This virtual interactive training workshop is scheduled in two half-day sessions.
Viewpoint 1 – The Estimating Principles Behind Every Bid:
This open forum discussion led by a panel of experienced construction estimators explores advanced elements of construction estimating. Experienced estimators will be challenged to evaluate their own systems within the framework of current trends and models with an emphasis on Bluebeam. Every topic will be discussed from various perspectives to allow Estimators from across the spectrum to benefit.
- Cost/Price analysis
- Pricing project constraints
- How to build flexibility into your system
- Optimum time to complete
- Managing risk within the estimate
- Danger zones to avoid
Viewpoint 2 – How Technology Can Produce Faster, More Accurate Estimates:
Oftentimes simply being more visual in your bid scope can put you ahead of the competition by showing you truly understand the project. Each day we’ll spend some time demonstrating how technology can not only replace your highlighters, scales, and calculator, but fluid company standards for you and your team. With an emphasis on Bluebeam Revu, these digital tools and workflows will produce clear, visual markups that are accurate, predictable, and consistent no matter who on the team uses them.
- Working with PDF drawings
- Calibrating drawings
- Measurement tools
- Custom measurement tools
- Displaying and exporting data
Part 1 is scheduled on July 9; Part 2 is scheduled on July 10: Times: 12 – 4 p.m.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
Please ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Have Bluebeam 2018 or newer installed, and ready to go before class. If you don’t currently have a license of Bluebeam Revu, you can download a free trial here.
- Attendance via tablet or phone is not recommended. You should have a mouse with a scroll wheel when attending this class. In Bluebeam there are several right-click shortcuts, and the wheel will help you zoom in/out on documents.
- 2-screen computer set-up is recommended. This will allow you to watch the instructor on one screen while practicing on the other.
(Tuesday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm Part 1 is scheduled on July 9; Part 2 is scheduled on July 10: Times: 12 - 4 p.m.