The Construction Team Live Online
thu16sep2:00 pmthu4:00 pmThe Construction Team Live Online
Begins Tuesday, September 16, 2021 Session overview: The Construction Team course focuses on the team approach to construction or, essentially, getting the most out of teams. This includes learning how
Begins Tuesday, September 16, 2021
Session overview: The Construction Team course focuses on the team approach to construction or, essentially, getting the most out of teams. This includes learning how to tap into talents, developing trust, avoiding and resolving conflict, mentoring and continuous personal leadership development.
Who should attend: This program is for individuals who are beginning to manage teams or who are going to be taking more of a leadership role in the company. This could include anyone who manages or works closely with teams and want to improve upon the soft skills of leadership.
Format: This program will be using the online GoToWebinar platform and consists of five, 2-hour live online sessions that provide participants with knowledge they need to build their leadership skills with an emphasis on their team. Participants will receive an invitation to join the sessions after completing the registration. The program includes a downloadable, interactive workbook.
The fee is $189 per seat.
1. Team Builder – Tues, Sept. 16, 2021, 2:00pm – 4:00 pm CDT. Lessons on leadership often forget to address the need for leaders to build their teams. The initial segment in this series investigates how leaders can tap the unique talents of their people to build better teams. Participants will finish this segment knowing how to be a team builder.
2. Building Team Trust – Thurs, Sept. 21, 2021, 2:00pm – 4:00 pm CDT. Obtaining trust from the team is paramount to being an effective team leader. Find out why trusted leaders are more successful. Participants learn how to build trust with their teams and use that trust to achieve positive results.
3. Team Leader’s Toolbox – Tues. Sept. 23, 2021, 2:00pm – 4:00 pm CDT. Leaders need a set of useable skills to get the most from their teams. This segment discusses a number of these skills including problem solving, team decision making, working through conflicts, critical thinking, and communication. All topics are viewed through the lens of the team leader.
4. Team Mentor – Thurs. Sept. 28, 2021, 2:00pm – 4:00 pm CDT. Leaders need to be mentors. team members need mentors to grow in their careers. Coaching is a part of the mix. The Team Mentor segment discusses how all these elements of the team relationship need to work together for a winning team.
5. Your Winning Team – Tues. Sept. 30, 2021, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm CDT. Team Leaders never stop learning and improving. The final segment in this series adds several tips on how to continuously improve as a team leader. Participants will wrap up their journey in becoming a better team leader by learning valuable lessons in how to get the most from their team, now and in the future.
Speakers for this event
The Construction Classroom
Mike has more than 40 years construction owner and manager experience. He has served on the ABC of Wisconsin Board of Directors and was instrumental in establishing the ABC Heavy Equipment Operator Apprenticeship program, having taught the program for several years. Currently, Mike teaches several construction leadership and management courses for ABC Wisconsin. He travels the United States and Canada teaching construction professionals and sharing a lifetime of “real experiences” in and personal enthusiasm for construction. Mike is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point with a degree in Business Management.
The Construction Classroom
(Thursday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST